www.gooderham-worts.ca - a family genealogy project (we" or "us") values its visitors' privacy. This web site is dedicated to and includes all known relatives, by blood or marriage, who are related to the three main families who emigrated to Canada in 1832: William Gooderham his brother Ezekiel Gooderham and their business partner James Worts, husband of Elizabeth. Gooderham. This site contains anything related to these families such as lineages, early history, dossiers, obituaries, family anecdotes and pictures.
This site supports free genealogical information. Content on this site may be used for non-profit or private use only. The material and information on this site shall not be used for commercial or sale purposes. Due to possible privacy issues, any person born 1910 or later is presumed to be living. The names of living or private individuals will be initialized with gender and birth year like this:(G. C. K. G. [⧬] 1957) to provide a measure of privacy.
What we do with your personally identifiable information
You decide whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we may not be able to register you as a user or provide you with any family related services. "Personally identifiable information" means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, mailing address
- your www.gooderham-worts.ca user ID and password (if applicable)
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer's domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can 'talk' to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through other parties, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our family or this website and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide access to the site
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of www.gooderham-worts.ca, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our website(s); research and development; customer and account administration; and to help us focus our outreach efforts more precisely.
This website uses "cookies" to store data on your computer. These cookies help us to recognize you when logged in and aid in your seamless experience across several pages at a time. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our website.
External data storage sites
We store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the www.gooderham-worts.ca web site when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against "malware" (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Notice to European Union users
This website's operations are located primarily in Canada. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to Canada. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
Questions or comments?
Thank you for being a part www.gooderham-worts.ca
|Owner of original||GG|