Built by George Gooderham. Known as The Gooderham Building or The Flatiron Builduing
|Photos||The Flatiron or Gooderham Building|
The flatiron building AKA Gooderham building was built in 1891 by George Gooderham as offices for his expanding enterprises. It is situated at the corner of Church and Wellington Streets across from where the magnificent Bank of Toronto head office was located before that was demolished(now a Pizza Pizza joint). George commissioned David Roberts Jr., the son of the architect who had built the distillery to design it. Photograph by Harry Cartner, available by contacting Harry at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Documents||Flatiron building - one of Canada's Historic places|
Description as it appears on Canada's register of historic places:
|Family Stories||1891 The Gooderham Building |
History of the Gooderham Building in Toronto and the surrounding area. Bruce Bell describes the growth of early Toronto from its humble beginnings to the building of the Bank of Toronto and The Gooderham building (also known as the Flatiron building) at Church and Wellington Streets. Built by George Gooderham as offices to manage the growing enterprises in which Gooderhams were engaged.
|1903 Tunnels Under the King Edward Hotel and Gooderham Building? |
Tunnels are rumoured to exist under the King Edward Hotel and Gooderham Building. True or false?
No results found.