Photos


Matches 151 to 200 of 230     » See Gallery    » Slide Show

    «Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next»

 #   Thumb   Description   Linked to 
151
Murder in the Family by Jeff Blackstock
How the Search for My Mother's Killer Led to My Father
Murder in the Family by Jeff Blackstock How the Search for My Mother's Killer Led to My Father
Jeff Blackstock unravels the story of his mother’s death in the 1950s and lays it in the hands of his father, who at the time was a Canadian diplomat.
 
152
Norman Ross Gooderham
Norman Ross Gooderham
 
153
On the Steps of the RCYC 1912
On the Steps of the RCYC 1912
 
154
Osgoode Hall Fence
Osgoode Hall Fence
Osgoode Hall Fence
 
155
Painting of a stagecoach passing Little Trinity Church
Painting of a stagecoach passing Little Trinity Church
 
156
Painting of Oriole by A.G. MacKinnon
Painting of Oriole by A.G. MacKinnon
A sailing ship belonging to George Gooderham and sailed from the RCYC
 
157
Passport - 1906 of Frank J. Phillips with son, William, and nephew, Norman Gooderham.
Passport - 1906 of Frank J. Phillips with son, William, and nephew, Norman Gooderham.
 
158
Portrait of William Gooderham Jr. by J.W. Forster
Portrait of William Gooderham Jr. by J.W. Forster
This portrait is mentioned in J.W.L. Forster's book Under the Studio Light - leaves from a portrait painter's sketch book (Toronto: Macmillan Co. of Canada, 1928). This photo was made available by Gillian Pearson , Archivist for Victoria College, Toronto.
 
159
At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.
 
160
At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.
 
161
pumping water.jpg
pumping water.jpg
 
162
R. M. Gooderham
R. M. Gooderham
Graduation Picture
 
163
R. M. Gooderham
R. M. Gooderham
Class picture
 
164
R. M. Gooderham on horseback
R. M. Gooderham on horseback
 
165
RCYC landing at the end of the old G&W wharf
RCYC landing at the end of the old G&W wharf
 
166
Rev. Ezekiel Gooderham
Rev. Ezekiel Gooderham
Born in Scole in 1794, emigrated to Canada in 1832 with his family and siblings William and Elizabeth Worts.
 
167
Ron and Ev Gooderham
Ron and Ev Gooderham
R. M. Gooderham with Ev W Bull
 
168
Sample of a handwritten journal from the 1830's
Sample of a handwritten journal from the 1830's
Figure illustrating a handwritten journal excerpted from David Thompson’s notebooks and journals, Reference Code: F 443-1, Archives of Ontario
 
169
Sarah Bright Worts
Sarah Bright Worts
Sarah Bright (1817-1876) married James G Worts on 1 Oct 1840
 
170
Sarah Worts (1817-1876)
Sarah Worts (1817-1876)
Wife of James Gooderham Worts (1st)
 
171
Scole Homestead, view of farm and buildings.
Scole Homestead, view of farm and buildings.
Scole Homestead, view of farm and buildings. Inscribed: End view of the homestead. Author indicates that these photos are where father was born. Ezekiel or son George?
 
172
Scole Inn Postcard
Scole Inn Postcard
Post Card showing the Scole Inn.
 
173
Selby Hotel on Sherbourne, once Charles Horace Gooderham's house
Selby Hotel on Sherbourne, once Charles Horace Gooderham's house
 
174
Selby Hotel, Once Charles Horace Gooderham's house
Selby Hotel, Once Charles Horace Gooderham's house
 
175
Several cottages belonging to Gooderham's, Blackstock's, Brouse's and Beatty's were located south of the RCYC on Toronto Island including 238 Lakeshore
Several cottages belonging to Gooderham's, Blackstock's, Brouse's and Beatty's were located south of the RCYC on Toronto Island including 238 Lakeshore
238 Lakeshore Ave on Toronto Island was owned by William George Gooderham from 1914 to 1918
 
176
Sir Albert E. Gooderham and his wife Mary Redford Duncanson
Sir Albert E. Gooderham and his wife Mary Redford Duncanson
 
177
Sir Albert E. Gooderham Sr.
Sir Albert E. Gooderham Sr.
 
178
Sir Albert Gooderham tries to sort out who discovered insulin
Sir Albert Gooderham tries to sort out who discovered insulin
In this letter from Sir Albert E. Gooderham to Dr. Banting, Sir Albert(who helped fund the creation of Connaught Labs) tries to sort out who discovered insulin...
 
179
Sketch of George Horace Gooderham
Sketch of George Horace Gooderham
 
180
spine of Louisa Walker (nee Gooderham) bible
spine of Louisa Walker (nee Gooderham) bible
 
181
Spine of Sir Albert Edward Gooderham's Family 'Devotional'
Spine of Sir Albert Edward Gooderham's Family "Devotional"
 
182
Staff Officers, Royal Grenadiers, 1904
Staff Officers, Royal Grenadiers, 1904
 
183
Surreal calm 1870.jpg
Surreal calm 1870.jpg
 
184
Taylor's Wharf, 1835 by John George Howard
Taylor's Wharf, 1835 by John George Howard
This view shows Taylor's Wharf at the foot of Frederick Street (in the mid background) and the Gooderham windmill (right background). The mill was unusual because most industry in Georgian Canada favoured waterpower.

John George Howard was an architect, surveyor and drawing master. He arrived in York in 1832, the same year as William Gooderham, part of that great bump of British immigration propelled elsewhere by recession in the old country.
 
185
Ten dollar bill from Bank of Toronto 1923
Ten dollar bill from Bank of Toronto 1923
 
186
the Bank of Toronto
the Bank of Toronto
Located at 58 Wellington St E. (or 68 or 70 Church St. depending on the date) at the N.W. corner of Church St, and Wellington and Front St. Sadly, torn down and replaced with a Pizza Pizza.
 
187
The Flatiron or Gooderham Building
The Flatiron or Gooderham Building
The flatiron building AKA Gooderham building was built in 1891 by George Gooderham as offices for his expanding enterprises. It is situated at the corner of Church and Wellington Streets across from where the magnificent Bank of Toronto head office was located before that was demolished(now a Pizza Pizza joint). George commissioned David Roberts Jr., the son of the architect who had built the distillery to design it. Photograph by Harry Cartner, available by contacting Harry at hcartner@gmail.com
 
188
The House Belongs to the Government by G. Kent Gooderham
The House Belongs to the Government by G. Kent Gooderham
During his lifetime, Kent Gooderham, wrote down many of the stories he had heard and researched about his Ezekiel ancestors. Now Kent's son, George, has brought them together into an extremely readable book about how his ancestors became Indian Agents for the Blackfoot tribe out west, and how Kent's father, George Hamilton Gooderham, walked between the two worlds of the Blackfoot out west as a country born son and the world of his privileged cousins, when he came east to be educated, and worked on the the family farms, mills, and ancillary enterprises here in Ontario.
 
189
The Massey murder : a maid, her master and the trial that shocked a country
by Gray, Charlotte, 1948-
Year/Format: 2013, Book, 352 pages
The Massey murder : a maid, her master and the trial that shocked a country by Gray, Charlotte, 1948- Year/Format: 2013, Book, 352 pages
A scandalous crime, a sensational trial, a surprise verdict--the true story of Carrie Davies, the maid who shot a Massey

In February 1915, a member of one of Canada's wealthiest families was shot and killed on the front porch of his home in Toronto as he was returning from work. Carrie Davies, an 18-year-old domestic servant, quickly confessed. But who was the victim here? Charles "Bert" Massey, a scion of a famous family, or the frightened, perhaps mentally unstable Carrie, a penniless British immigrant? While not a book about Gooderhams, the Massey's were contemporaries. This book gives a sense of Toronto in 1915 in the Annex, just up the street from the homes of many of William Gooderham's great grandchildren.
 
190
The Victoria Room at the King Edward Hotel
The Victoria Room at the King Edward Hotel
George Gooderham, together with a consortium of investors, built the King Edward Hotel on King St, east of Yonge in Toronto. Rumour has it he intended to anchor the downtown to prevent it's spread further west.
 
191
The Windmill and its times : a series of articles dealing with the early days of the Windmill by Shuttleworth, Edward Buckingham.
The Windmill and its times : a series of articles dealing with the early days of the Windmill by Shuttleworth, Edward Buckingham.
Year/Format: 1924, Book , 146 p., [6] leaves of plates :
Publication information: Toronto : W.G. Gooderham, 1924 (Toronto : E.D. Apted)
Language: English
Format: Regular Print Book
General note: Some material drawn from old account books of Gooderham & Worts, owners of the Windmill.
 
192
The Windmill by T. Young
The Windmill by T. Young
View showing windmill drawn by T Young 1835
 
193
The York Club
The York Club
 
194
The York Club
The York Club
George Gooderham's house on Bloor at St. George was named by him as "Waveney", after the river where Scole (the family town in England) was situated. The local populace, however, called it "Alca Hall". It is now the York Club.

Editor's note: Why "Alca Hall?"
 
195
The York Club A Centennial History by Mary Byers
The York Club A Centennial History by Mary Byers
Publication information: [Toronto] : York Club, c2009.
ISBN: 0981259006 (bound)
ISBN: 9780981259000 (bound)
Language: English
Record ID: 2679421
Format: Regular Print Book
Physical description: 217 p. : ill., ports. ; 29 cm.
Date acquired: December 2, 2010
More creator details: Mary Byers.
Contributor: York Club (Toronto, Ont.)
This book has a well written and illustrated first chapter about the arrival of the Gooderhams and Worts families and the start of the Distillery. Available directly from the York Club.
 
196
This House Belongs to the Government by George Kentner Gooderham
This House Belongs to the Government by George Kentner Gooderham
Published by Amelie Crosson Gooderham
 
197
Toronto 1834 By Owen Staples
Toronto 1834 By Owen Staples
Owen Staples, also known as Owen Poe Staples (September 3, 1866 - December 6, 1949), was a Canadian painter, etcher, pastelist, political cartoonist, author, musician and naturalist. From 1888 to 1908, Staples worked for the Telegram as a staff artist, reporter and political cartoonist, and illustrator for the J. Ross Robertson Collection.
 
198
Toronto's Distillery District: history by the lake
by Gibson, Sally, 1946-
Toronto's Distillery District: history by the lake by Gibson, Sally, 1946-
A new book by Toronto archivist and historian Sally Gibson explores the Distillery District
 
199
Toronto, in the Summer of 1851 by Francis Hincks Granger (1827-1915).
Toronto, in the Summer of 1851 by Francis Hincks Granger (1827-1915).
Toronto, in the Summer of 1851
Francis Hincks Granger (1827-1915).
Watercolour. 43.2 cm x 137.2 cm.
TPL (TRL) Acc. JRR 341
Looking westward from Gooderham & Worts' mill on Trinity Street to Fort York on the far left. The artist, Francis Hincks Granger, was a scene painter for the Royal Lyceum Theatre, Toronto.
(1-3) Wharf and st orehouse, mill and residence of William Gooderham. (4) Trinity Church, (5) St. Paul's Catholic Church, (6) & (7) Latham and Atherley houses, (8) Gaol, (9) the Fair Green, (10) C.C. Small house, (11) Dr. C. Widmer house, (12) Lamb's glue factory (1846), (13) 3 houses owned by Dr. Widmer, (14) Thomas Collier house, (15) Russell Abbey, (16) Toronto Gas Works, (17) John Snarr's steam saw & planing mill, (18) Cull's starch factory and shipyards, (19) St. Lawrence Hall, (20) Commercial Mills and Berst & Halliday's distillery, (21) Leak's soap works, (22) City Hall, (23) old Fish Market, (24) Wellington Hotel, (25) Coffin Block, (27) Maitland's Wharf, (28) Bank of Montreal, (29) Brown's & Yonge Street Wharves, (30) Yonge Street, (31) Tinning's Wharf, (32) Queen's Wharf, (33) old Fort York.
 
200
Victoria Gooderham in 1864
Victoria Gooderham in 1864
 

    «Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next»